Optional COVID-19 Tests Available at School; Community Testing Sites Available
Optional Vault COVID-19 Tests
SoWashCo Schools students can pick up free Vault COVID-19 saliva test kits from their school’s health office. Tests will be completed at home over Zoom with a Vault test supervisor and can be dropped off at school health offices on designated collection days.
How Student Vault COVID-19 Testing Works:
- Pick up a Vault COVID-19 test at no cost from the school’s health office
- Create a Vault account with a username and password
- Complete the COVID-19 test at home with help from Vault test supervisors over Zoom
- Students under 18 will need a parent or legal guardian present at the time of the test to provide consent
- Seal the sample tube and place it in the biohazard bag
- Bring completed and sealed tests to the school’s health office on designated collection days
- Staff at school cannot help students administer the test. The test must be completed and sealed prior to bringing it into a school building
Upcoming Vault COVID-19 Test Collection Days:
- Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021
- Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021
- Thursday, Oct. 28, 2021
- Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021
Community COVID-19 Testing Sites
In addition to our Vault tests, there are free community testing options available to all families.
- Walk in or schedule an appointment for a free test at one of the state’s 11 community testing sites across Minnesota: COVID-19 Community Testing Sites.
- Order a free test through the state’s at-home testing program: COVID-19 Test at Home.
- Find other testing options near you through the state’s Find Testing Locations map, including through local providers, pharmacies and clinics.